Located in a large campus, the interior of Van Mieu - Quoc Tu Giam is divided into 5 areas, separated by the walls built ancient brick.

The first area starts from the Temple of Literature to the Middle Ages. Before entering the Temple of Literature, visitors will have to go through foreign subjects including four large columns (four pillars) are built of brick, in which the two pillars are higher, the top of the two statues; the lower two pillars, the top of the head of the phoenix, the tail bunched together, four heads turn in four directions. The body embossed the pairs of Han opposite. Both sides have two beer "Lower code" (down horse).

Throughout the foreign subject, visitors will go directly to the Temple of Literature (inner psychology) including 3 arch doors, in which the central door 2 floors. The lower floor is designed to be large, with stairs upstairs. Outside of the lower floor only a roll door, two wooden wings, a semicircular door with two dragon faces on the moon. Upstairs is smaller, designed as a two-story 8 floor roof with 4 porches and 4 roofs. This floor is open 3 door rolling, the middle door has hanging bells, around the corridor wide, 4 sides with railing.

From Temple of Literature, follow the path tiled straight, visitors will come to the second gate is the Middle of the three rooms built on high brick, tile roof, three rows of column foot, two sides with two small doors is the subject of Germany and the University. The three-door wall of the Great Middle East stretches out to the side of the wall along the outside, along with the horizontal wall where the Temple of Literature forms a square frame, with many green trees and shade. visitors feel relaxed when walking between the stately, stately.

The brick path from the Temple of Literature will continue to bring visitors to the second area, from the Middle Ages to the Khue Van. Built in 1805, Khue Van Cac is a square floor with 2 floors, 8 roofs. Downstairs are 4 brick bricks, 4 sides are empty. The upper floor has wooden architecture, roofed tile roof, four faces wooden board, each side is a round door, with the lane symbolizing the stars of Khe is shining in the sky. The two sides of Khue Van Cac are the two doors of the Secret and the Animal - meaningful names that praise the beauty and value of literature. Khue Van Cac is considered as a unique architectural symbol of Vietnamese culture and literature.

Stepping through Khue Van Cau, tourists will come to the third area of ​​the Van Mieu - Quoc Tu Giam monument complex, which is Thien Quang well and the Dr. The Thien Quang well (Thien Quang province) is also known as Van Tri (Ao Van) is square, year round full of water. The water became smoothly reflecting the shade of Khue Van and the old trees, creating the scene shimmering, fanciful. In ancient times, the square well represents the land, the door guard Khue Van symbolizes the sky. The essence of heaven and earth is concentrated in the center of cultural education majestic midtown.

The paved road surrounding the Thien Quang well will lead visitors to Dr. Pham's house built on the left and right sides of the well. This is considered a valuable relic in the Van Mieu - Quoc Tu Giam relic complex, including 82 stone inscriptions engraved with articles of enlightenment enrolled in the Confucius Confucian Institute of the Late Le Dynasty and the Mac (1442-1779). All the stelae are made in the same style, which is flat beer, curved forehead, arch. The stakes are placed on the back of turtles to signify the permanence of the national essence, reflecting the cultural values ​​and history of the country during more than 300 years. This is an extremely valuable source to help the next generation to study the life and career of many Vietnamese landlords. With outstanding values, in 2010, 82 steles of doctoral post-doctoral post-Le dynasty and Mac in Van Mieu - Quoc Tu Giam has been recognized as World Heritage Data under the Memory Memory Program. UNESCO.

After visiting the Pho Pho house, visitors will come to a large paved courtyard Bat Trang, opening for the fourth area, the main area of ​​Van Mieu - Quoc Tu Giam. The left and right sides of the yard are two rows of Ta Vu, Huu Vu, each row has 9 compartments, mounted on a high platform, roof tile roof, nail embankment style, the structure of the husband.

Connected to the gable of the two Ta Vu, Huu vu, the traditional U-shaped structure is the Dai Bai, where the ancient spring, the double, the king and his relatives and officials to the Confucius . The cave consists of 9 compartments with 6 rows of columns, built on the ground 30cm above the surface, around the foundation of brick beds, roof tile roof nose comedy. The sets of the structure are "stacked husband, husband husband, porch," the middle of the roof of the relief of the moon on the moon, on the porch decorated with stylized flowers. At present only the middle of Dai Bai court has a remnant worship, the remaining rooms are empty. Around the altar hanging many horizontal lacquered, paired with praise for Confucian scholars and sages.

In parallel with the Dai Bai building in the back is a 9-room Dai Thanh building, three-sided wall, the front door is closed with 5 tables, four times with fixed bar. The middle of